Orton Family Foundation: Outreach and Communications Resource Guide
Date Published: 2016
Source: Orton Family Foundation
This guide demonstrates how a great communications strategy gets off the ground. To lay the groundwork, first assemble a communications committee who will guide the process start to finish.
Then follow these seven steps detailed in the guide:
- Establish communication goals;
- Develop core messages and branding;
- Create an online presence;
- Prepare for communications activities;
- Prepare a communications budget;
- Track performance;
- Put it all together.
This helpful tool includes a list of resources, with tips on how to write Op-Eds, assemble talking points, and provide answers to FAQs regarding your project.